Research Fund Junior Researchers
The University of Basel promotes the academic careers of outstanding junior researchers by awarding grants from the research fund.
The call for applications (in German) is aimed at junior researchers at the University of Basel who wish to pursue an academic career and who have already distinguished themselves through their outstanding achievements. Applicants can apply for up to CHF 80,000 in funding.
The University is striving to increase the number of women in the upper career echelons. Outstanding female scholars are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submission deadlines: February 1 and September 1
As part of the call for applications for grants from the University of Basel research fund, contributions from the Novartis University of Basel Excellence Scholarship for Life Sciences, the Max Geldner Foundation, the Med. Division of the Lichtenstein Foundation and the L. and Th. La Roche Foundation are awarded in addition to the funding from the University of Basel.
Who can apply for a financial award?
- Outstanding PhD students from the following faculties: theol., ius., phil.hist., rer.pol. as well as PhD candidates in Social or Organisational Psychology who need financial help in completing their dissertations (max. 12 months).
- Postdoctoral students who want to create their own research group at the University of Basel or who need start-up or completion funding for an outstanding research project.
- Assistant and senior physicians who want to undertake a clinical research project in compliance with the guidelines and information sheet.
What types of things are eligible for funding?
- Personal salary
- Funds for leave of absence
- Salary for a staff member
- Materials and equipment to a limited extent
How to proceed
Timely request of the infrastructure confirmation (latest till 15.01. or 15.08.) of your department as follows:
- Login Grants Tool incl. budget calculator
If should have difficulties with your registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; upon receipt of the department's approval you will be provided with a link to the application form
- Fill in your data duly in the form for "Research Fund Junior Researchers"
- Submission of your paper application together with all relevant documents and original signatures