Sustainability is a central and binding value for the University of Basel and sustainability principles are taken into account in research, teaching and operations. Sustainability is firmly anchored in the Strategy 2022-2030 and in the University's Mission Statement. As central unit, the Sustainability Office initiates and coordinates numerous projects.
As an excellent research institution, the University of Basel contributes to the knowledge production in sustainability-related topics and thereby also to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. In order to empower undergraduate and graduate students to become change agents for sustainability, sustainable development is seen as an important topic of the courses offered at the University of Basel. In addition, the continuous monitoring of ecological, economic and social performance indicators lays the foundation for the University’s sustainable operational management.
Links & Downloads
- Sustainability Office
- Sustainability Report 2019/2020
- Goals and Actions (PDF, 454 KB)
- The University of Basel’s contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) United Nations
- Strategy 2022-2030 University of Basel (PDF, 5 MB)
- University of Basel Mission Statement (PDF, 63 KB)