Research Fund - Project Funding
Funding for the preparation of major research projects
The call is addressed to scientists requiring temporary support for preparing a major grant application within a strategic field of the university. A maximum of CHF 50,000 can be applied for as a grant.
Who can apply?
- Members of groups I and II of the University of Basel who are preparing a major grant proposal as responsible PI or coordinator (NCCR, ERC, Horizon 2020 coordination).
- Researchers who need support to realize a promising interdisciplinary project idea, e.g. for a SNSF Sinergia application.
Purpose of support
- Salary for a collaborator
- Means for an exemption
- Project-relevant material resources
Deadlines for applications
- 1 February 2021 and 1 September 2021
- in well-founded cases (e.g. short-term calls) applications can be submitted at any time upon contacting the Research Office
Relevant documents for applications
Funding of activities of university research networks
Recognized university research networks can apply for contributions to carry out specific scientific activities at any time.