The University of Basel offers an online verification service for electronic documents. This service will be gradually expanded. The following documents can be verified:
- Transcripts of records – academic records that students can download themselves in Online Services under “My Documents” (services.unibas.ch).
- Transcripts of records for a particular semester have been made available as certified PDF files since February 2022.
- Amended transcripts of records have been made available as certified PDF files since February 2022.
- In planning: At some point in 2023, degree completion documents (degree certificate, degree transcript, diploma supplement) are to be submitted by the faculties in certified PDF form. It will then be possible to verify their authenticity using this site.
- In planning: Other central student administration documents e.g. the confirmation of matriculation will be added in 2023.
Verifiable PDF files from the University of Basel will include a note stating that they can be authenticated.
To verify a PDF file, drag and drop it in the window below.
The University of Basel uses the SWITCHverify service to certify documents. More information and instructions can be found at https://verify.switch.ch.