Printing Cost Contributions for Dissertations
The Vice Rectorate of Research offers PhD candidates at the University of Basel a contribution towards the cost of printing their dissertations.
Contributions are made:
- either from the University of Basel dissertation fund; approval by the University of Basel Vice Rectorate for Research
- or from the Basel Scholarship Foundation; approval by the board of the Basel Scholarship Foundation
- Submission deadlines
for the applications to the dissertation fund or to the Basel Scholarship Foundation are two times a year: April 1 and October 1
end of the following month
The following documents are to be submitted with the application:
- Cover letter with reason for applying
- Application form: (for dissertation fund or Basel Scholarship Foundation)
- Copy of the publishing quote
- Letter of recommendation from the doctoral supervisor
Any financing from the University of Basel dissertation fund or the Basel Scholarship Foundation must be acknowledged in the dissertation. Printing costs higher than CHF 1'500 may be subsidized.
Monday till Thursday (Tuesday and Wednesday only in the morning)