Doctoral Studies Immediately Upon Graduation
Students can apply for admission to a doctoral program upon completion of their master degree at the University of Basel. Please proceed as follows:
- Log on to the university’s MOnA web application using your unibas email access data.
- Select “Semester Registration” within the stipulated registration period to proceed with registration.
- Activate the buttons “I wish to submit one of the following applications" and “transfer to doctoral studies" and follow the instructions appearing on the screen. Upon successful completion, you can print out a supplementary sheet, which will also be sent to you via email.
- Download the corresponding form from the download area of this website.
- Submit your completed application form, signed by your PhD supervisor and yourself, together with the necessary enclosures either in writing or in person to the Student Administration Office no later than 1 February 2018.
- Processing status will be displayed in MOnA.
- Upon processing your application, the Student Administration Office will send you a payment slip for your semester fees (CHF 350) by post.
Should you remain undecided by 1 February 2018 whether or not you will commence doctoral studies, please contact the Student Administration Office.