EPICUR – European Partnership for an Innovative Campus Unifying Regions
EPICUR is one of currently 41 European University Alliances funded by the European Commission as part of the initiative to create a European Education Area (EEA) by 2025. The University of Basel is associated with EPICUR through its membership in the Eucor association.
The aim of the EPICUR-Alliance is to promote deeper cooperation between the participating universities. To this end, the members of the alliance cooperate in the areas of teaching, the digital transformation of teaching formats, and the mobility of students and doctoral students.
The thematic focus is on strengthening multilingualism, intercultural exchange and interdisciplinary humanistic education.
Thematically, the cooperation of the alliance is focused on socio-ecological sustainability and European identities.
Which partners are involved in EPICUR?
In the EPICUR Alliance, the University of Basel cooperates with the following nine European universities:
- Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
- University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands;
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece;
- University of Freiburg, Germany;
- University of Haute-Alsace, France;
- University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany;
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria;
- University of Strasbourg, France.
The participation of the University of Basel and its contributions in the EPICUR Alliance are financially supported by Movetia, the national agency for exchange and mobility.