EPICUR – European Partnership for an Innovative Campus Unifying Regions
EPICUR is one of currently 44 European University Alliances funded by the European Commission as part of the initiative to create a European Education Area (EEA) by 2025. The University of Basel is associated with EPICUR through its membership in the Eucor association.
The aim of the EPICUR-Alliance is to promote deeper cooperation between the participating universities. To this end, the members of the alliance cooperate in the areas of teaching, the digital transformation of teaching formats, and the mobility of students and doctoral students.
The thematic focus is on strengthening multilingualism, intercultural exchange and interdisciplinary humanistic education.
Thematically, the cooperation of the alliance is focused on socio-ecological sustainability and European identities.
Which partners are involved in EPICUR?
As a member of Eucor, the University of Basel is exploring cooperation with EPICUR member universities through open offers of educational experience as a part of bilateral cooperation schemes between the University of Basel and the EPICUR parnter universities:
- Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
- University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands;
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece;
- University of Freiburg, Germany;
- University of Haute-Alsace, France;
- University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany;
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria;
- University of Strasbourg, France.
The activities involving the University of Basel in the collaboration between the Eucor and EPICUR networks are financially supported by Movetia, the national agency for exchange and mobility.