Strategy Committee for Data Availability and Information Technology (SIVIT)
The task of the Strategy Committee for Data Availability and Information Technology (SIVIT) is to analyze the long-term development of IVIT both internally and externally, and to derive potential measures for the University of Basel from the findings. Together with the Executive Director, it is responsible for the broad-based formulation of the IVIT strategy.
SIVIT has the following tasks and responsibilities:
- It is actively involved in the formulation and updating of the University of Basel’s IVIT strategy, and is responsible for considering innovations in the field of IVIT.
- It promotes innovation in the field of IVIT and assesses the latest developments in terms of their potential benefits and uses.
- It may use special interest groups (SIGs) to promote innovation in the field of ISIT, and supports bottom-up innovation.
- It observes national and international developments and trends in the field of information supply and information technology, and on the basis of these recommends potential measures for the university to the IVIT Steering Committee, which forwards these as proposals to the President’s Board.
- It supports and advises the IVIT Steering Committee on strategic matters.
- It puts forward its opinion on specific requests of the President’s Board.
- It makes recommendations to the President’s Board or the IVIT Steering Committee for new projects, measures to promote innovation, etc.
Prof. Dr. Markus Krajewski (Co-Präsident)
Prof. Dr. Heiko Schuldt (Co-Präsident)
Head of Department Arts, Media, Philosophy
Departement of Mathematics and Computer Science
Dr. Gudrun Bachmann
Head of Learning and Teaching, Head of Educational Technologies
Dr. Michael Brüwer
Head of IT-Services
David Bucheli (Aktuar)
Department Arts, Media, Philosophy
Dr. Alice Keller
University Library Director
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Lauer
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences / Digital Humanities Lab
Dr. Jürgen Rümmele
Head of Finance & Controlling
Prof. Dr. Primo Schär