The Human Resources office is a central service unit of the University of Basel and is part of the Vice Presidents Office for People & Culture. The HR office advises and assists the 6000 university members as well as the faculties and departments on all HR matters.
The University of Basel aligns itself with the principles of its HR policies and attaches particular importance to providing its staff with motivating terms of employment in a flourishing environment along with the ability to evolve in this environment, maximum mobility and transparent general conditions that are the same for all.
As first contact there are decentral HR officers in the faculties and departments who provide support.
Information about Working at the University of Basel can be found on our website.
Further and more detailed information for employees of the University of Basel can be found on the intranet (for staff with login only). The intranet also contains details of the HR organisation and the contact details of the decentralised HR officers.
Head of Human Resources
- Managing and ensuring HR operations from A-Z with the HR Operations and HR Shared Services teams.
Head of HR Business
HR Operations Team 1 & 2
HR Team 1
Tel. +41 61 207 00 11
HR Team 2
Tel. +41 61 207 00 12
- Handling of all personnel processes incl. teaching assignments
- In charge of salary administration, wage classification and to ensure the university and legal requirements
- Consulting all around the employment
Head of HR Operations
HR Shared Services
Tel. +41 61 207 00 14
- Social Insurances
- Job advertisements and eRecruiting tool
- Wage cost allocation
- Withholding tax
- Management of personnel files and archives
Head of HR Shared Services
- Advising and supporting the superiors and managing directors of the departments and faculties in all
- Unterstützung bzw. Begleitung von Rekrutierungsprozessen
- Unterstützung bei der Erstellung von Arbeitszeugnissen
Head HR Consulting
HR Quality & Improvement
- Translating strategic goals into projects and modern, agile and efficient business processes
- Multi-project management
- Project Management: Planning, control, implementation and documentation of HR projects
- Process Management: Optimisation and further development of
- HR processes and business relationships
- Analyses & Evaluations
Head of HR Quality & Improvement