Welcome Day for new Employees
The University of Basel is looking forward to welcoming you to the next annual Welcome Day taking place in the Aula of the Kollegienhaus/Main building on Thursday, September 12th, 2019. This morning is directed to new employees from all faculties, disciplines, groups, professions and locations, offering an official welcome and information from the central administration of the university.
Program Welcome Day, September 12th, 2019
- 08:15 am Coffee and Registration
- 08:15 am Information Market (see below)
- 09:00 am Welcome and Information on behalf of the University leadership
- 10:30 am Information Market (see below)
- 11:00 am Lunch
- 1:00 pm End
The President, the Vice Presidents and the Executive Director will welcome the new employees and inform about the University's history, governance, organisation and structure as well as values.
The event will take place in English and German. Already on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 10/11, 4.15 pm, you will have the opportunity to take a guided tour of the University Library, the Botanical Garden, the New Building Biozentrum or the Old Town of Basel. Obligatory registration.
The Welcome Day is organized by Marketing & Event and supported by numerous University units.
Beside short inputs, you will have the opportunity to
- learn about the university's central services
- to meet and talk to other employees from your target group
- know what topics and values are important to the University of Basel
- meet and talk to other colleagues.
The following services are happy to present themselves at the information market and to answer your questions in German and English: