Co-determination & Groups
The university promotes the willingness of all of its members to take responsibility. All members have a right to co-determination, which can be exercised through a range of groups.
The representatives of the groups participate in various boards and committees that focus on the affairs of the university. The members of the university are represented when the faculties and departments convene.
University members can belong to the following groups:
- Group I: professors, associate professors, assistant professors with tenure track, SNSF professors
- Group II: Non-tenure track assistant professors, lecturers, honorary professors, private lecturers, research staff with teaching assignments
- Group III: PhD students and postdocs at the University of Basel
- Group IV: Academic, technical and administrative staff without teaching assignments
- Group V: Students in a BA or MA programs