- European Research Grants (Horizon 2020)
- Further Programmes supported or linked to Horizon 2020
- Innovation Funding
Swiss National Funding (SNSF)
- National Research Programmes (NRPs)
- National Centres of Competence in Research (NCCRs)
- Sinergia – interdisciplinary, collaborative and breakthrough
- Longitudinal studies
- Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development (r4d-Programm)
- SPIRIT – Swiss Programme for International Research by Scientific Investigation Teams
- The bilateral programmes of the Swiss Confederation
- Investigator Initiated Clinical Trials (IICT)
- COST - European Cooperation in Science and Technology
Horizon 2020 includes many funding opportunities for collaborative projects within the following programme areas:
Further Programmes supported or linked to Horizon 2020
Joint Technology Initiatives (JTIs) are Public-Private Partnerships designed to enhance collaboration between the public and private sectors; the participating universities and public institutes are financed by the European Commission, the industrial partners are self-financed. Further Information can be found on the Horizon 2020 website.
Further Public-Private Partnerships are supported by the European Commission via calls for proposals under Horizon 2020. Further information can be found on the Factsheets.
ERA-NET aims to co-ordinate national research programmes on a European level. Therefore joint calls for proposals are published by ERA_NET projects and funding takes place on a national level. On the Innosuisse website you can find further information for Switzerland.
ERA-LEARN 2020 is a support action (CSA) funded by Horizon 2020.
Further technology initiatives with Swiss participation: