European Research Council (ERC)
The European Research Council, as part of the European Union's Research Framework Programme Horizon2020 (running from 2014-2020), supports ground-breaking, innovative projects from excellent researchers.
More than 40 researchers from the University of Basel have received one of these prestigious and highly competitive Grants. The funded projects address a wide range of academic fields, from Theology to Quantum Physics.
Calls for ERC proposals are categorised according to the career stage:
- Starting Grants: for top researchers with 2-7 years post-PhD experience
- Consolidator Grants: for top researchers with 7-12 years post-PhD experience
- Advanced Grants: for established researchers
As well as
- Synergy Grants: for 2-4 outstanding researchers from any area of research or scholarship working together.
- Proof of Concept projects: for ERC grantees
Upcoming Deadlines of the 2019 Call:
- Starting Grant: 17th October 2018
- Synergy Grants: 8th November 2018
- Consolidator Grants: 7th February 2019
- Advanced Grants: 29th August 2019
- Proof of Concept grants: 22.01.2019, 25.04.2019 & 19.09.2019