The Excellent Science pillar of Horizon 2020 includes two main career funding programmes:
Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions provide researchers with excellent training and career development opportunities.
The European Research Council supports ground-breaking, innovative projects from excellent researchers. Calls for proposals are categorised according to the career stage:
- Starting Grants: for top researchers with 2-7 years post-PhD experience
- Consolidator Grants: for top researchers with 7-12 years post-PhD experience
- Advanced Grants: for established researchers
Deadlines for 2018 Calls:
- Starting grants: 17th October 2017
- Consolidator grants: 15th February 2018
- Advanced grants: 30th August 2018
- Proof of Concept grants: 16th January, 18th April, 11th September 2018
Applicants from the University of Basel or University Hospital & Clinics are requested to contact the International Grants Office well before the deadline.