University of Basel
The Participant Identification Code (PIC) can be used to identify your organisation in your interactions with the European Commission, in particular for proposal submission and grant agreement negotiation. Once the applicant or co-ordinator of a proposal enters the PIC in the online submission system, general information for the host institution is entered automatically.
- The PIC (Unique Participant Identification Code) for the University of Basel is: 999907914
- University of Basel legal name: UNIVERSITAT BASEL
- Institution Short Name: UNIBAS
- LEAR: Legal Entity Appointed Representative:
Dr. Kurt Kamber, Petersgraben 35, CH - 4051 Basel
- NACE Code: 80.30 - Higher education
Our document "Important Information for Horizon 2020 projects" for the University and the University Hospitals (V2.2, April 2017) informs you about everything you should know when participating in a Horizon 2020 project.
To receive a copy please send an e-mail to euresearch-at-unibas.ch
Eurostat recognised the University of Basel (Universität Basel) as a research entity (24.08.2015).
- ID number: 2015/106/CH
Please remember that all proposals for third-party funding should be entered in the Grants Tool of the university, at least two weeks before the deadline.
Applicants from the University of Basel are requested to contact the International Grants Office well in advance of the deadline.
As part of the proposal a "Commitment of the Host institution" is required. At the University of Basel this is organised by our office, please contact us for further information.
In step 4 of the proposal submission process ("Parties"), the Main Host Institution Contact has to be entered. For the University of Basel this is:
- First Name: International
- Last Name: Grants Office
- E-mail: euresearch-at-unibas.ch
- Project Role: Main Host Institution Contact
- Access rights: Team Member (read-only access, unless you wish to grant us the full access to your proposal)
The address can be completed in step 5 by editing the administrative forms (p9 contact address of the Host Institute) :
- Department: Vice Rectorate Research
- Street: Petersgraben 35
- Town: Basel; Postcode: CH-4001
- Phone 1: +41 61 207 28 33; Phone 2: +41 61 207 28 83
The university’s Research Fund offers financial support for proposal preparation to co-ordinators of collaborative projects and ERC applicants. Further details on how to apply can be found here