Open Innovation Challenge
In July 2017 LH Basel has launched an Open Innovation Challenge in preventive health in human settlements in South Africa (the call is closed).
The Swiss Leading House for South Africa, together with its partners, has launched an Open Innovation Challenge in July 2017. All submitted proposals have been evaluated by an international peer panel and nine projects were selected as finalists to take part in the South African Innovation Summit 2017 (www.innovationsummit.co.za/) and experience one week full of activities around innovation in Cape Town (4 - 9 Sept 2017) including:
- Visits to key institutions;
- Workshop on doing business in South Africa;
- Networking event at the Swiss Embassy in South Africa;
- Participation at a specially hosted World Café; a matchmaking, showcasing and networking event
- "Future Cities" Ecosystem Tour
Objectives of the Innovation Challenge:
The challenge owners are interested in identifying and supporting sustainable innovations aiming to improve health in low-income urban settlements in South Africa.
The following social innovations in housing are targeted:
- Innovations in renewable, clean and affordable energy,
- Affordable building materials with low environmental impact,
- Innovations in waste disposal, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH),
- Innovations in architecture/planning to reduce unintentional injuries and improve health & safety in low-income housing environment
(Call is closed) Application deadline: 31 July 2017.
Detailed call information is available on the following website: www.siih.org.za.