Basic principles for the recognition of foreign educational qualification
Foreign secondary school leaving certificates are in principle only recognized if the criteria listed under points 1 - 7 are fulfilled.
Foreign secondary school leaving certificates must
- in essence correspond to the Swiss Maturität certificate;
- be the highest possible secondary school leaving certificate in the issuing country:
- entitle the holder to general access to all university faculties and programs;
- prove a school history of at least 11 years (of which at least three years were spent at upper secondary level / in senior classes);
- have been achieved in an unabbreviated way and as a rule in a classroom setting;
- be in one of the following streams: classical languages, modern languages, humanities and social sciences, or mathematics and natural sciences;
- qualify as general education.