The awards will honour one doctoral candidate and one postdoctoral researcher from the University of Basel for their innovative research, initiatives or activities in cultural or social engagement in line with regional development preferentially in the Basel area. The addressed activities might include civic engagement to address public concerns, community outreach to promote the quality of the community, citizen science to integrate the citizen directly or community services.
Each award is endowed with 3`000 CHF.
Winner of the Engagement Award 2017
- Metka Hercog, Laure Sandoz & Katrin Sontag for « HIGHLY SKILLED OR HIGHLY WANTED? A RESEARCH PROJECT ON MIGRATION, POWER AND PRIVILEGES
- Rita Kesselring for « ZAMBIAN COPPER AND THE SWISS COMMODITY TRADE»
The award will be presented for the first time during the upcoming diss:kurs event at the Museum der Kulturen Basel on January 24, 2018. During the event, awardees are invited to present their work in 10 minutes to a broad audience.
- Impact of the benefits for society, cultural and/or regional development preferentially in the Basel area
- Impact and duration of the creative approach of the project, activity and/or initiative
- Publications (accepted, if available)
- Applicant’s CV with lists of publications and relevant projects, activities and/or initiatives
- Cover letter (one page max.) summarizing the rationale for application to the award
- Supervisor supporting letter (optional)
Member of the Selection Committee