Cotutelle de thèse
Die Universität Basel bietet Ihren Doktorierenden die Möglichkeit für ein Doppeldoktorat ('Cotutelle de thèse') mit einer Partneruniversität in über 60 Ländern in Europa und Israel. Verträge mit nicht-europäischen Universitäten werden zur Zeit nicht gemacht.
Applications for a double degree follow these procedures:
- Registration and enrolment at the University of Basel as a doctoral candidate.
- Acceptance of one professor as the first supervisor ('Erstbetreuer/in') of the thesis by the respective faculty.
- Acceptance of the respective faculty of a second supervisor (''Zweitbetreuer/in').
- Cooperation contract between the University of Basel and the partner university according to the PhD regulations of both universities.
With its funding scheme "Cotutelles de thèse", the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI offers an allowance of up to CHF 10,000 for students pursuing their dissertation at a Swiss university and any of the EHEA universities (Europe and Israel).
The funding is meant to cover travel and living expenses for the participating doctoral students as well as the cotutelle-induced expenses of the supervisors.
PhD students are eligible if they fulfill the following criteria:
- they are registered at a Swiss university;
- they are Swiss citizens or hold a residence permit B, C, or G;
- they have studied at least one year at a Swiss university (at the levels of Bachelor, Master or at the doctoral level, calculated from the date of registration) and
- their age does not exceed 35 years.
The application deadline for swissuniversities funding is March 31 each year until further notice. The Call 2018 will be launched at the end of October 2018.
Please note that you cannot send the application to swissuniversities directly but have to submit all the necessary documents to the Research Office first. In order to ensure timely submission, the complete application dossier should reach Dr. Manuela Rossini on March 1. At this point, applicants should already have a cotutelle contract.